- USE: MTB - LEISURE TO COMPETITION
- BODY: POLYAMIDE WITH FIBERGLASS FIBERS INJECTED
- AXLE: STEEL
- THREAD: 9/16 X 20 MM
- ROLLER BEARING: 1 CARTRIDGE BEARING, 1 NEEDLE BEARING
- SEALS: 1 LIP SEAL + 1 BEARING SEAL
- HEIGHT: AXLE / SOLE 12,5 MM (CLEAT SUPPORT)
- AXLE DISTANCE PEDAL / CRANK: 53 MM
- MULTITENSOR: NO
- CLEATS: QUARTZ
- ANGULAR FREEDOM: ± 3° , LATERAL PLAY: ± 1,5MM
- PEDAL WEIGHT: 140 G (318 G PER PAIR WITH CLEATS AND MOUNTING BOLTS)
- COLOURS: RED, GRAPHITE OR WHITE
- ACCESSORIES: SOLD WITH 1 PAIR OF 15° CLEATS, ASSORTED FITTING SPACERS AND 4 BOLTS
- WARRANTY: 2 YEARS
• 2009 EVOLUTION – ENTRY / RELEASE
The new QUARTZ MTB pedals are equipped with an all new retention spring that allows firmer cleat entry-release. The technical concept is the same proven system as the 2008 pedals but the retention spring material has been improved. It's lightweight, simple and an excellent performer. Quartz MTB pedals are known to be one of the best pedals on the market for cleat support, mud evacuation, lightness, and longevity. The new QUARTZ MTB pedal delivers better cleat engagement and support in the most demanding marathon and CX conditions.
• MUD EVACUATION
The simplicity and design of this pedal with its open area between the pedal body and retention spring allows excellent mud evacuation in the worst climatic conditions.
• Spaced out axis line
• LARGE SUPPORT AREA
The large support area between the shoe cleats and the platform on the shoe make the QUARTZ a stable and efficient performer.
Adjusting washers of .5mm, 1mm and 2mm are delivered with the pedals to assure optimum contact with different shoe models.
• Large pressing area (380mm2) and pressing width (58.4mm)
• WEIGHT: 140 G
Slightly heavier that the QUARTZ Carbon, the QUARTZ attains a very respectable weight for a product under 60 euros. It's close to the lightest pedal on the market in this price range.
• POLYAMIDE BODY
Polyamide body with fiberglass embedded into the body lessens weight compared and is more resistant to wear than an aluminum bodied pedal.
• AXLE SYSTEM 2 BEARINGS / STEEL AXLE
• The QUARTZ Carbon is equipped with a light oversized steel axle. 2 micro cartridge bearings and one needle cartridge bearing.
• Reinforced seals protect the bearings in extreme use. The cartridge bearings have seals on the exterior of the cartridge.
• TI axles save weight without compromising strength. Look axles are approved after a rotational test of a million eccentric (which creates a shock during each revolution) cycles at 100 rpm with 90kg loaded on the center of the axle. This is well beyond the required EN14781 test of 100,000 cycles at a 65kg load.
• Exploded view of Quartz pedal